Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Stuff!!

I love Christmas! I think one of the things I love the most about it are all of the traditions. I think there are more family traditions centered around Christmas than any other holiday, and I think its a great way to remember the fond moments of childhood through those traditions.

Our tree after the decorations, in our really small tree stand.



Of the seven years we have spent Christmas together this will be our third Christmas to be spent at home with no extended family. It is really the first one that Madison will really be old enough to appreciate whats going on, this has gotten Phil and I talking. We have been trying to decide what traditions we would like to carry on with our children. It amazes me how much we would have to pack into Christmas eve if we want to do all the traditions that we both grew up with... I guess we will have to spread it out a little bit over the week before Christmas and use some of them for Christmas day! :)
I just wanted to share some Christmas pictures of our festive house and Madison making sugar cookies, as well as a few family pictures since I don't intend to send out Christmas cards so Merry Christmas and we Love you! (that counts right? ;)

Cookie making is a tradition hope to continue mostly in honor of Phil's mom! :)
She really, really, really liked adding flour!


Decorating was a mess but fun all the same!
 We had to keep the train on top of the bookcase this year to keep it out of curious little hands...
Nativity set from my grandma, one of my favorite decorations.
One of the things I did notice when I was putting up all our decorations was how much dust and how many cobwebs there were... I mean really, where are all the spiders making those webs? YUCK! I guess at least my house gets dusted at least once a year :)


Yes that is a door stop in her mouth, you take what you can get to keep them from screaming too loud :)

We resorted to many things to keep them happy!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Cute cute pictures, and what a tree!! Brian is jealous that it's real. :)

We hope you guys have a fantastic holiday season!!!!

Lots of love to our 2 little friends :) (well...and our 2 big friends too.... :))

Mandy said...

Your family picture is so tender Emily! I sure love you guys!