Thursday, March 31, 2011

Im so glad Phils Family lives in Florida!


We didn't have the chance to see Phil's family in Florida over the Holidays and I promised my Mother-in-law we would bring her grandchildren down to visit her soon. With Phil on Spring break from school we decided to use that opportunity to drive the girls down to spend time with their Grammy! And They couldn't get enough of their Grammy!
Madison just loved playing with her Uncle Tavy!

We started the 14 hour drive on Wed and so we got in to Orlando about 3:00 on Thursday. The girls did surprisingly well on the drive down, lots of movies and not enough sleeping but it was quite bearable! Getting in on Thursday made it possible for us to stop in and say hi to Grammy and Uncle Tavy! We had a nice picnic and played on they playground before leaving for Phils brothers house. 
Eating as always!

He was so sweet to play with her and really made her feel comfortable!

He even taught her how to ride his scooter!
 Friday we got to go to the beach and the girls couldn't get enough of the water or the sand! I think we all got plenty of sun however, and the sunburns to prove it.




We didn't have buckets or shovels to take so we brought some plastic cups and spoons for the girls to play in the sand with. It worked great for Madison, however Samantha just thought the plastic spoons meant she was supposed to eat the sand.







I love taking my kids to the beach I am sure all kids are this way but they just seem so happy and content for hours!


Grammy was kind enough to offer to keep the girls at her house while we stayed at Phils brothers house. This was so great to have two nights without having to do bedtime or wake up at 6a.m. to a little person pulling on my toes!

The other nice part about being away from my kids for a day or so was it made me realize that I do still love them! :) You start to wonder sometimes when the days seem to mush together and all you do all day long is tell them what they can't do or listen to them whine no matter what you do! I know I love them its just nice to be reminded just how much!
We also had the privilege of attending my Sister-in-laws baby shower. She lives in Texas and was able to be out there the same time as us, she is expecting her first baby, and we are so excited she is having a girl! I think my mother in law is willing us all to have girls just so she can get her fix of girls, and after 5 boys and only one girl of her own, I guess I can't blame her!
While the girls were with Grammy they did lots of fun stuff none of which I have pictures of but Madison told us all about the tea parties and sleepovers! She had a blast and that makes the long drive all worth it!

I love the SUN and while I was happy to come home I was sad to leave the beautiful weather behind! Hopefully warm weather is not far behind for us!

On our way home we stopped for food and out the back of the restaurant there was a pond with ducks so we took some pretzels over and let the girls feed the ducks. There was also one big mean goose that kept hissing at all the ducks. It took about five pretzels before the seagulls showed up and they showed up in good number! It was pretty funny to watch them swarm the girls for food!












 

5 comments:

Liz said...

Em, I love seeing what's going on in your family. I totally miss you guys. Love you, Liz

Payne said...

These are great shots! I love he one below of Madison in he rain too. She is such a darling darling girl. Love the header photos. Welcome back!

Ultimatetrailbike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiff said...

It looks like you guys had a great time over Spring Break in Florida. I will admit to being a little jealous of the beach trip. I just love the beach. I still can't believe how much Madison has grown!

Sue said...

So cute. I so aggree with the joy of the beach. Love the pictures.