Thursday, March 17, 2011

Barefoot Rainy Day!

The other day was a bit wet outside and Madison asked me if she could " feel the rain" so assuming she was going to go out on the patio and stick her hand out in the rain I said yes, and I proceeded to do the laundry. A few minutes later she shows up behind me soaked from head to toe!

I asked her what she did and she said " I jumped in the puddles!" Well of course she did, right! How else do you feel the rain? She was already wet so when she asked me to go back outside I figured, what harm could it do!

Oh did I forget to mention she was still in her pajamas and did not have on shoes socks or a coat! At that point I figured why ruin a perfectly good pair of shoes and sock and it really wasn't that cold outside! :) I did put a jacket on her after her first tromp through the puddles.

Samantha and I walked out to watch her and of course Samantha wanted to get down the minute she saw how much fun her sister was having, so, yes shoeless and jacket-less, I put her down and let her take a turn in the rain!

I decided to put a jacket on her after a few minutes so the neighbors wouldn't say anything! :)
What could be more fun than a full drain pipe?

They had a blast and we were outside for a good 45 minutes, on a rainy day that is a blessing! The funny part was the whole time I was worried what other people were thinking, the maintenance guy working on our water heater, the mail man, the bus driver, the other residents, I was worried someone might call child services on me for letting my little kids run around outside in the rain without shoes on!O.K. I didn't really think anyone would call, and in reality most of them probably didn't even notice they were shoeless, but I was thinking about it the whole time!
Madison just started a cold today, 5 days later, do you think this could be related?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your pictures! What a fun morning...colds, not so fun though.
Love you!

Sue said...

Loved the rain pictures.... so fun and sweet. I think I have pictures of you and Tyler playing in the ditch out front.

Tiffany said...

How fun!! Madden would love to do this! Reminds me that I need to not be so worried about germs and sickness, or what other people might think about my parenting, and just let Madden have some fun in the mud and rain sometimes! :) I'm sure your girls loved it and will love looking back on these pictures someday :)